Last night the Maple Run Unified School District Board approved the pre-qualification of seven contractors to bid on the connector project. See the list of contractors below. Currently, the schedule for the project is as follows:
- December 6, 2019 - Construction Project Documents released for bidding
- January 6, 2020 - Bids due back for project
- January 8, 2020 - MRUSD Board awards contract for work
- January 15 - 31, 2020 - Construction mobilization for the beginning of work
- Start of School 2020-21 - Connector and site work completed - Phase I of the sprinkler system of the south building completed
- Summer 2021 - Phase II of the sprinkler system of the south building completed
- Summer 2022 - Phase III of the sprinkler system of the south building completed
Enclosed are two photos of the plans for our construction work, one being the site plan and the other being elevations of the connector. There are more details we still need to finish, and as we finalize the answers, we will let you know. Currently, we are creating drawings for the foot traffic and construction area between the buildings. The current plan is that students and staff will use the easternmost door by the gym to enter and exit the south building and the doors near the science rooms below the principal's office to exit and enter the north building. There will be a fence to keep people out of the construction zone.
If you have any questions, please contact Bill Kimball.
Kenneth R. Adams
Neagley & Chase Construction
Wright and Morrisey General Contractors
Peak CM Construction