Wednesday, June 24, 2020

A message and video from dance teacher Alexis Kamitses.

Today (last day of school) feels like a milestone, a great achievement by all, so I thought it fitting to share this dance video that I made with my students. I wanted to create something fun and uplifting for them, and I encountered this Elton John song "I'm Still Standing" through the many COVID playlists that were circulating
Here is the link to the dance video I made for my students as a part of an at-home choreography project we did in class. It is inspired by the original music video "I'm Still Standing" in addition to Rocky Balboa's famous Philadelphia Museum of Art stair scene. Families were invited to participate and the goal was to foster a little fun at the same time as experimenting with trying to teach and choreograph virtually. I hope it brings a smile as that was the goal!